What does world peace mean?
Is it actually possible to have world peace?
I believe peace is an inside job.
It is clear war is all about who is right and who is wrong, a strong clear conflict with difference of opinion and values, often difference of religion or perspective on what is right and what is wrong.
Wars can never end by fighting back
It is clear looking through our history war cannot be won through violence.
We focus on war we get more war, but we forget one big thing when it comes to this world we live in, this world goes beyond the physical experience we are having.
Nothing you see ‘OUT THERE’ would be visible or experienced if YOU were not in this world opening your eyes and sensing with your senses.
Close your eyes at night.
You dream, the world vanishes, as far as you know the dream world you are part of at night is the THE WORLD.
You open your eyes and HERE is another WORLD.
Close your eyes it’s gone – once again.
So without you, can you see? There would be no world.
MEDITATE and BUILD YOUR BRIDGES FROM WITHIN
On this day or any day, take some time to be with you, in meditation.
Sit silently, listen to your thoughts, feel your feelings, how many of them are at war ? How many ‘atom criticism bombs’ are you firing towards yourself? How many judgements are you making of yourself and others?
How often do you make yourself right and another wrong? And vice versa.
Meditation is not simply a method for stillness, it is a way in to bringing peace to the conflict of your own inner WAR ZONE.
And knowing this, recognise that war cannot take place in the ‘outer’ without it first being in humanities ‘inner’.
Check out the Peace One Day website to see what other activities you can do on this day to celebrate world peace at PEACE ONE DAY
And check out this great The Wellness Universe post here where many people are coming together (including me) to bring messages of peace and hope.
MAKE PEACE YOUR JOB.
Not someone OUT THERE.
NEW on Kelly Martin Speaks
- Are You Scared To Be Authentic?The deeper we go into inner child work and look at the shadow, the more layers appear to be brought into the light. As a recovering people-pleaser, I’ve spent most of my life being whatever was needed ‘for other people’. Why did I do this? Anything we do that is against our natural flow is…
- Do You Need To Be Needed?This post came about after talking with a friend about someone in my life who I find quite draining now. Someone who, when I am around, really has no personal engagement—a sense of a death friendship rather than an alive and invigorated friendship. I spoke about this a little in a recent post. My friend…
- Why Am I Afraid To Be Happy?Do you ever wonder why life satisfaction feels hard for you? Or do you find that when things are going great you are waiting for something bad to happen? Expecting the worst? Worrying about what’s next on the horizon? It might seem strange but many people think this way, not realising that there is an…
- You Validate Your Dark and Light – Not Others!I’ve been consciously on my own spiritual path for around 24 years now, and I’ve gone through a whole host of experiences, attachments, struggles, awakenings, and resistance too. One thing I have learned is that we are not at all responsible for validating another person’s emotional journey. Neither are we responsible for making emotional experiences…
- Unlocking Authenticity: Breaking the Cycle of Seeking Validation Through Helping OthersFor 23 years, I have been a channel for healing, and in that time, I have spent a lot of time helping others, supporting others, organising plans for groups, and giving more than I received back, more often than not. I volunteered, undersold myself, and charged the bare minimum at times, and while I was…
- Understanding and Overcoming Mental Blocks: Unravelling the Reasons Behind Feeling StuckSo, why am I so stuck? Feeling stuck in life can be a hard experience, especially if it has been a long time. My experience of feeling stuck stretches out over most of my life, especially my adult life. What I have learned is that we can’t unstick our lives until it is time to…