I made a promise to myself in 2013 to practise an attitude of gratitude daily. Admittedly, 2013 has not started the way I imagined it would, and gratitude has been far from my mind.
With physical curve balls, emotional curve balls and fear curve balls all showing up at the same time my ego said ‘Gratitude?! YEAH RIGHT!’.
1. Today, Mike took me for a walk (wide grin – I sound like a dog), but seriously, I asked him to come with me after my new years day back-spasm freak out. We walked the same route I did, and he told me not to focus on my back. I felt like there was a pink elephant in the room that I could not ignore. Some frustration set in, knowing that mind and how we think effects how we feel, and as the walk continued my focus obviously caused the back to tense up, BUT it did not spasm. So even though the back ached for most of the walk I did not have a spasm. I am grateful for this, even though it may seem small, I managed to walk without a spasm.
2. The sun was shining and blue sky was visible, this was a lovely sight after all the rain lately.
3. A beautiful robin springing onto the path to say hello.
4. I am grateful for Mikes company.
5. I am grateful for Mikes wisdom. He told me that even if you have physical pain you do not give up on life, you move through it. This does not mean you do yourself damage, no, not at all, you simply move within the limitations of the body, until you are able to expand those boundaries of movement further. He is a very wise teacher to me, even though he has had burning in his knees for a while now he has never mentioned this to me once. I would never have guessed. He has this natural mindset where he feels it, accepts it is there and gets on with what needs to be done. He chooses to simply drop into surrender and acceptance. Something I am slowly learning.
6. I am grateful for my memory foam mattress after the walk. I enjoyed laying down with my headphones on listening to a guided healing meditation.
7. I am grateful for good friends and the lovely people sending me distant healing at this time and I am grateful for the internet and connections I have here.
8. I am grateful for lovely shoes I won and also the code arriving for other shoes I won. I have lots of shoes to walk in so I will keep walking.
9. I am grateful for my healing hands and the serenity of my home.
10.I am grateful for the perfume that arrived through the post today that I won and I am grateful that I am wise enough to use pain killers when I need them and know I am fully aware of when not to take them and it is enough.
11. I am grateful for my body for alerting me to some physical changes I need to make (less time at the computer, more time moving gently).
12. I am grateful for Kettle chips, I enjoyed these a lot when I returned from my walk.
13. I am grateful I can still have coffee, not as much as I used to but I enjoy it so much more in moderation.
14. I am grateful for silence.
15. I am grateful Mike is cooking tonight and I am cooking tomorrow.
16. I am grateful to be writing again on my blog and I am surprised at how much is coming out of me to write.
So even when pain is present there is a lot to be grateful for.
What are you grateful for today?
*Image from : www.freedigitalphotos.net