Why Are You Scared Of Money?
How can someone fear money? Isn’t this just a ridiculous idea? Well, many people are scared of money without knowing it. I’m one of those people and it’s a frustrating block to have which I am sure you know if you are reading this blog post.
“And what is wrong in having money? One should not be possessive; one should be able to use it. One should not be miserly. Money has to be created and money has to be used. Money is a beautiful invention, a great blessing, if rightly used. It makes many things possible. Money is a magical phenomenon” ~ Osho
Many years ago, I wrote about the reasons behind many money issues but sometimes we peel back the layers and as we do we find more deeper layers and many of them unconscious fears.
But Unconscious is Unconscious
It’s easier to become aware of money blocks when they are conscious, for example beliefs carried from our family of origin like:
‘Money is the route of all evil’
‘People with money are greedy’
And the powerful money belief I carried for a long time ‘It’s alright for some’ in other words it’s not alright for me if I want to be loved and accepted by my family of origin.
But how do we deal with unconscious fear? We need to talk to the unconscious.
But I’ll get to this soon.
So, Is It Money We Fear?
Or is it the changes we perceive could take place if we have more money?
Let’s break it down.
The potential fears can come down to:
- Money equals loneliness – your family of origin or culture may frown upon wealthy successful people. So, it’s possible people may become insecure around you and this is painful to think about
- Money means being seen – perhaps our passions and dreams finally happening, and we become successful leads the inner child to feel stressed, because inside you is an experience of being seen as painful in your past.
- Having greater choice brings with it greater responsibility. We may feel overwhelmed on what to do.
- Having greater choice can mean we can do those things we have always wanted and if it’s related to starting a business or project this means we may go from a quieter, slower life to a fuller and busy life. This may feel too much of a change.
- More money can mean ‘no excuses’ we could have been carrying the illusionary story that ‘If I had money I’d travel/start a business/ move to a new house/ get out of this situation, but the known could be less scary and have secondary benefits that we haven’t considered.
- To the inner child money could mean enforced adulthood, less relaxation, more focus and more time being filled with doing.
- To the inner child our past experiences may have involved watching a family member stress and struggle with debts even though they may not appear like abundance or wealth, it’s still money energy. In a warped way, your inner child may think money is more stress than it’s worth. For me money debts equalled the death of my father and guilt from me.
- Money could mean our relationships change. If you have been taken care of financially by a loved one, will they stick around when you don’t need them in this way?
There could be many more unconscious reasons and also conscious ones which can be discovered by questioning further. As a woman I was brought up to observe women receiving ‘pocket money’ from men (husbands) and having no money of their own or the independence that goes along with it. So, independence and standing on my own two feet as a woman is still something I am learning to release.
As a woman I now have committed to
- Having a relationship with my bank account. Before doing this I had zero connection. My best friend would do all the banking and budgeting for me. I was acting as if it didn’t exist and as a result life saw no place to bring money to me, my money door was not available.
- Keeping accounts, both personal and business
- Knowing what is happening with my money and what is needed
- Not getting into further debt (for me debt was the father figure, the male figure also, along with benefits from the Government)
- Finding ways to receive my own income and become financially independent.
- Freeing my sexual energy. Sexual energy is based in the root and sacral chakra. If it is blocked and we don’t receive pleasure in this area, we are blocking the powerful sexual energy that rules money and our own creativity and life pleasure as a whole.
What Can You Do?
In my search for a way to address primarily unconscious beliefs, I came across something called Afformations. Not affirmations (this is something I am not for at all!). Afformations are positively framed questions.
Why do we need positive questions you may ask?
Because most of us, if we are honest, ask negative questions on a daily basis.
Generally – Why am I so fat? Why am I such a failure?
Or with money – Why am I so poor? Why am I so broke? Why can’t I manage money better?
And we present statements to ourselves such as ‘Money is the root of all evil’
So, you would use positive questions like
- In what way am I the perfect size for me?
- In what ways am I rich?
- In what ways am I complete and whole?
- In what ways do I manage money well?
- Why is money such a gift?
Now this is not for the conscious mind — this is solely unconscious stuff.
If you imagine your unconscious as a library or database and you use Google to search for information, those negative questions go searching for information to back up those questions. So we tend to feel crappy because we are being given disempowering examples of who we are.
By asking positive questions our inner database brings back uplifting and empowering examples that make us feel balanced and whole.
So instead of asking ‘Why doesn’t anyone like me?’ We would ask ‘Why am I so likeable?’ And over time the more you change your questions, the more your subconscious, your inner child brings powerful and beautiful answers that change your life and experience of who you are.
The unconscious does not judge the questions as right or wrong, it just takes the questions and brings back the data for you to process and feel.
By using this technique along with finding new ways of looking at money and what it is, your experience of money will change, I am feeling this already.
“In English we have another name for money which is more significant – it is ‘currency’. That simply indicates that money should always remain moving from one hand to another hand. The more it moves the better.” OSHO
If you would like to know more about this topic pop by Facebook and watch my recent Facebook Live on the topic.